Seat Leon Cupra R - James Parkin
Entered for the February 2011 competition.
Enter Competition | Back to Entries
Name: James Parkin
Model: Leon Cupra R
Viewed: 3518 times.
Send to a Friend
How James Used Our Products
This is my 2003 Seat Leon Cupra R. I’ve owned the car for six years and it’s my pride and joy. The car has a few subtle modifications but generally, I’ve always wanted to keep it as OEM+ as possible. A part of that has been to keep it as well kept as possible. For the first four years of ownership, this was my daily driver but in the latter, it’s become more of a weekend car, for enjoyment.
Over the years, I’ve tried many products; what is listed is what I use now, as they are my preferred products.
• Step one, using my Karcher Pressure washer and Professional Snow Lance, is to use Ultimate Snow foam to cover the car. Leaving it for a few minutes, it is then washed off. Particularly over the winter, I tend to give it a couple of coats.
• With the car clean from debris, step two is to wash the car. I use a Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo and Conditioner, a Meguiar’s wool mitt, grit guard and a ‘two bucket method’ to wash the car. Once washed, the suds are rinsed off. I wash all the door, boot and bonnet shuts.
• Step three is to wipe down the car using a Dodo Juice Plush Drying cloth.
• Step four is to use Autoglym’s Wheel Cleaner with a Meguiar’s Wheel Brush, to clean the wheels and brake callipers. Again, they are rinsed down and dried off.
• Step five moves me back to the body work; with the paint washed, I use a Meguiar’s Clay Bar and Quick Detailer to remove any remaining contaminants, including tar spots and tree sap.
• With a glass-smooth finish, Step six is to use my DA. I use Dodo Juice Lime Prime with a Meguiar’s Polishing Pad to nourish the paint.
• Again using the DA and another Polishing Pad, step seven is to use Meguiar’s Ultimate Compound to polish and remove any light swirls, etc.
• Step eight is to wipe down before using Dodo Juice’s Banana Armour and a finger mitt. I apply two coats, leaving an hour in between coats. I also like Autoglym’s HD Wax.
• Step nine is to use Meguiar’s Quick Detailer, to remove any residue from the car. I’ll then use Dodo Juice’s Red mist, for added protection; this gives great water-beeding!
• Step ten moves me to the wheels where I will use the above-mentioned wax to polish my alloys and callipers. I’ll then use Meguiar’s Hot Tyre Shine on the tyres and plastics to finish things off. The exhaust is cleaned using Autoglym’s Metal Polish.
• The interior is maintained in the usual way and the engine bay is cleaned using Autoglym’s Engine Degreaser, the pipes are cleaned pipe wipes, the chrome is cleaned with metal polish and the plastics are polished with wax.
I only use my DA once every three months and between waxes, I use Meguiar’s Quick Wax. Cleaning my car is my Saturday Morning hobby, and I really enjoy owning and driving it. I'm a member of SeatCupra.net and have a Reader's Ride thread, if anyone wanted to read anymore about the car's history and progress: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=284451
Any comments/pointers are welcome but I hope you enjoy the pictures and write-up.
Thanks for reading!