Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX FQ360 - Ian Lewis
Entered for the March 2011 competition.
Enter Competition | Back to Entries
Name: Ian Lewis
Model: Lancer Evolution IX FQ360
Viewed: 2640 times.
Send to a Friend
How Ian Used Our Products
With the car being a bit special, I try to take care of it and I find washing and polishing it will prevent UV rays and serious British cold winters from causing any bodywork damage. To wash the car I tend to have a procedure:
- Use snow foam to get most of the loose dirt off together with soaking any heavy deposits which come off the car easier with the main wash.
- The main wash, I use two buckets of warm water with Turtle Wax Wash and Wax in one bucket for washing the car down, then I use the clean bucket of water to clean the sponge off before dipping back into the soapy water bucket to continue.
- Once the wash is finished I then use the pressure washer to wash off the soapy wash and wax before I then use the micro fibre cloth to dry the car before the limescale in the local water leaves streaks on the car.
- While the car is drying off after a wipe down with the micro fibre cloth I use Wonder Wheels on the wheels to bring back their stunning appearance, each wheel is washed with the solution using the brush provided and then rinsed thoroughly before moving onto the next wheel. The wheels are then wiped clean with another micro fibre cloth and then Auto Glym wheel sealer is applied to each wheel.
- Auto Glym Super Resin Polish is used to provide additional cleaning of the paint work and remove any blemishes in the paint together with removing tar spots. If I had an orbital polisher I would use it but I don't so I do it all by hand and take off the polish with a polishing cloth.
- I then use the Auto Glym Ultra Deep Shine to provide an extra coat of protection and it brings a great shine to the paint too. Again I put it on and take off the residue by hand with applicator pads and polishing cloths.
Then I wash all the cleaning products down and put them away until next time and all the cloths and sponges go into the washing machine so they are all nice and clean for next time.