Volkswagen Golf - Jon Allum
Entered for the December 2012 competition.
Enter Competition | Back to Entries
Name: Jon Allum
Viewed: 2054 times.
Send to a Friend
How Jon Used Our Products
This is the abridged version of an 80-hour detail.
- Lifted dust trapped in the upholstery seats, carpets and mats using an upholstery brush. The debris was then vacuumed.
- Blew out dirt and dust from all of the places I could not reach (under the seats, between the centre console, in the gap under the handbrake, where the seat belts disappear into the car, the air vents, the storage areas in the front doors and the indicator sticks) with a Metro Vac Air Force Blaster. The debris was then vacuumed.
- Scrubbed the mud out of the pedals and wiped over the foot wells and scrubbed the footrest.
- Cleaned the cup holders, rubber mats that go in the door storage areas and the one for coins on the centre console.
- Cleaned the interior glass using AF Crystal, including the recessed glass.
- Removed a few stains with 303 Upholstery & Vinyl Cleaner.
- Refreshed the black trim with Werkstat Satin Prot.
The Spare Wheel:
- Removed and cleaned, including the tyre walls. Repository also cleaned.
The Wheel Arches:
- Dirt, grime, tar and brake dust was removed with Auto Finesse (AF) Citrus Power, Meguiar's Super Degreaser, AF Oblitarate and Wolf's Chemicals Decon Gel. Arch liners treated with Wolf's Chemicals Tyre and trim Restore and suspension components / pipes with 303 Aerospace protectant.
Door & Boot Shuts
- Hinges degreased with AF Oblitarate. Hinges lubricated with LM grease. Shuts cleaned with Citrus Power. Dried with the Air Blaster. Sealed with AF Desire. Rubber door seals treated with 303 Aerospace Protectant.
Cleaning the unseen bits:
- Removal and cleaning of and behind the front number plate, water run off strips above the doors, windscreen cowling, rear light clusters, front grill, grills and fuel filler surround. Lifting back the window seals and removing the dirt build up.
- Bumper, wings, wipers, cowling and covers removed. Car elevated on jack stands. Engine block and surround degreased with Meguiar's Super Degreaser. Bonnet underside degreased. Paintwork protected with Natty's Blue Paste Wax. Plastics protected with 303 Aerospace Protectant.
- Pressure wash, snow foamed with AF Avalanche, rinsed, washed with Zymol with a Lamb's Wool Wash Mitt using the 2-bucket method. Pat dried with a Polished Bliss Luxury Drying Towel. Tar removed with AF Oblitarate.
- Bodywork and glass clayed with AF Ultra Fine Clay with Glide to lubricate. Rewash of exterior. Bodywork glazed / filled / polished with AF Triple. Waxed with AF Desire.
- Black trim rejuvenated with Auto Finesse Revive.
- Cleaned with Citrus Power, clayed and sealed with Poorboy's Wheel Sealant. Tyres scrubbed with Citrus Power and a Meguiar's Interior Brush. Dressed with Swissvax Pneu.
- Polished with G4 Nano Polish and sealed with G1 Clearvison Smart Glass.
= All interior and exterior surfaces cleaned, rejuvenated and sealed.
Enter your email address to receive news of discount offers, new products and to join our customer loyalty scheme.
- We Accept These Credit and Debit Cards
Thanks for good prices and easy website to find the products that I wanted.
From: Chemical Guys