Lotus Elise White Edition - SC - Darreth Crane
Entered for the July 2014 competition.
Enter Competition | Back to Entries
Name: Darreth Crane
Model: Elise White Edition - SC
Viewed: 1977 times.
Send to a Friend
How Darreth Used Our Products
Firstly my car in a Lotus Elise White Edition from 2009. It’s no 3 of 6 ever made and is quite unique compared to some other Elise's you come across. The car is Pearl Aspen White with a Pearl Tri-Stripe in a grey / silver. Car has factory SC, TRD, Quantum Dampers, Ali Belled disk, Stage 3 Exhaust, 2bular sports cat, Forged Wheels, Front Splitter, fully custom wishbones and uprights. It full grey and white alcantara interior including all seats, sills, dash, door cards, centre tunnel with contrasting white stitching. I thought I’d give it a good clean for the forth coming annual MLOC meet (Midland Lotus Owners club) to Chatsworth house in Derbyshire.
This is the process I use to clean / detail the car.
- Jet Wash the car with a 150bar Nilfisk Alto Jet Wash.
- Snow foam the car and allow to soak for 10mins whilst I sort out my UF buckets with scratch guards.
- Rinse off car
- Wash with Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild shampoo, microfibre wash mitt - 2 bucket method
- Apply Bilt-Hamber Auto-Wheel, leave for 3 mins. Quick brush over with wheel brush.
- Rinse car.
- Dry with extra-large Microfiber drying towel.
- Take car round block to dry disks etc.
- Clay car
- Go over the car by hand with Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite and remove with Microfibre cloth.
- Machine polish car with Meguiar’s G220V2. The Elise is quite hard to do in some areas so I do this by hand. Ultra Compound 105 for whole car. Remove haze with MF cloth
- Apply Supernatural wax to car. I tend to use a finger mitt as it’s not the biggest car. I try to leave the wax for as long as possible, overnight if possible...
- Apply rim wax to all wheels.
- Remove all wax with a blush MF cloth.
- I applied a G1 Gtechniq kit to all glass. Quite a long process but well worth it.
- I then use DODO Juice Red Mist every now and them to keep the dust away and to keep a good shine. Do not use Red Mist until at least 5 days after initial waxing as it removes the fresh wax.
- Park car in garage and cover with fitted Fleece lined car cover :-) and stare at it....