Aston martin V8 Vantage - Keith Harris
Entered for the March 2015 competition.
Enter Competition | Back to Entries
Name: Keith Harris
Make: Aston martin
Model: V8 Vantage
Viewed: 1313 times.
Send to a Friend
How Keith Used Our Products
My car is an Aston Martin V8 Vantage in Mendip Blue 2. The paint work has flecks of light and dark blue in it which make the surface look very reflective in the sunlight.
I always follow a regime when cleaning my car to get it the way I like it to look, so here is a list of what I do. (Some people may follow a similar pattern and may do things different with different products, but this works for me).
- Rinse the car well with clean water obviously using a power washer, in my case a Karcher K4.
- Using a good snow foam lance and a mix of Autobrite Direct Magifoam and warm water, coat the vehicle all over including wheel arches, making sure that the lance nozzle is set on wide so the foam comes out thick.
- Leave the foam to stay on the vehicle for between 5 -10 minutes (so it agitates the dirt/dust on the surface of the vehicle) and then rinse the car off with the pressure washer.
4.Get a large clean bucket and mix 2 caps full of Dodo Juice “Born to be Mild” with hot water. The Dodo Juice smells really nice too.
5.Using a Car Pro wool mitt, immerse the mitt into the hot water and wash the car from the roof down, making sure that the wool mitt is immersed in the hot water, each time you start a new section of the vehicle.
- Once you have washed the vehicle, rinse again with the power washer.
- Using 2 dry clean microfibre clothes, (use one until you have to ring out the water, then use the other and alternate between the two) wipe away any access water from the vehicle.
- Once the car is dry, using Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 (Quick Detailer / Sealant) spray one panel at a time, using another clean dry microfibre cloth to wipe the spray into the paint work. On the same panel using a further microfibre cloth, wipe over the panel and the panel should then show a deep shine. Complete this process on all the panels of the vehicle.
- Using the remaining water in the bucket, get another Car Pro wool mitt and gently wash around each alloy wheel at a time. After washing the alloy, use a Daytona Speedmaster brush to get into the hard to reach areas of the alloy. (The brush has a bendable core so you can bend it to get into tight areas. The brush is also non scratching, so it will not harm the alloys) Make sure that you clean around the inside of the ally and behind the spokes, this will then clean away any brake dust lurking there.
- Once the alloy is clean, rinse with clean water with the pressure washing nozzle set to low spray.
- Using Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing, spray around the side wall of the tyres and leave to dry.
- While that is drying, this will then give you the opportunity to use a microfibre cloth to wipe around the inside of the doors and hatch/boot lid.
- Using Rain-X glass cleaner and a microfibre cloth, clean all the windows inside and out.
- With a further microfibre cloth, once the tyre dressing is dry, wipe over the alloys making sure that you remove any tyre dressing that has splashed onto the alloys.
Enter your email address to receive news of discount offers, new products and to join our customer loyalty scheme.
- We Accept These Credit and Debit Cards
Excellent purchase, everything just as described and delivered next day. Will use again and recommen...
From: Kamikaze Collection