BMW E92 330d M-Sport - Mubashar Sapru
Entered for the May 2016 competition.
Enter Competition | Back to Entries
Name: Mubashar Sapru
Model: E92 330d M-Sport
Viewed: 1371 times.
Send to a Friend
How Mubashar Used Our Products
Thanks for taking a look at my BMW E92 330d, just gave it a much needed spring detail! Note: No pressure washer, DA polisher or no snow foam were used.
Unfortunately the previous owners never took good care of the car so alloys and paintwork need some TLC. However, I set about doing all I could by hand, spent just over 6 hours doing the following:
- Bathe car in APC to degrease bodywork as part of pre-wash stage. Leave to dwell for around 10 mins followed by a thorough rinse.
- Wheel clean: spray Gtechniq W6 liberally on wheels and leave to dwell for 5 mins. Use bucket with grit guard and first microfibre mitt to thoroughly clean wheels and rinse
- Spray Gtechniq W8 bug remover on affected areas of the car and Gtechniq W6 on lower body panels and trim near the wheel arches. Leave to dwell for 5-10 mins.
- Wash car with Gtechniq G-Wash using a second clean microfibre mitt, buckets with grit guard and 2-bucket method. Rinse car thoroughly. Wash again. Rinse.
- Exhaust tips: apply Gtechniq W6 and leave to dwell for 5 mins then agitate and rinse. Apply R222 metal polishing soap, clean vigorously and rinse. Repeat as necessary. In this instance I also used the clay bar on the exhaust tips to shift stubborn dirt
- Using Gtechniq QD & Water, undertake clay bar process on body work
- Thoroughly rinse the car and then dry using Gtechniq super dry microfibre cloth
- Apply first stage of dressing to tyres using Gtechniq T1
- Apply Dodo Juice's lime prime lite to cleaner fluid applicator and use as necessary. NB: I found this product too difficult and time consuming to apply by hand despite following the instructions to the letter. I only used it on the bonnet and boot lid. I would recommend others use it with a DA polisher.
- Apply R222 Concours Wax on body panels and trim working in small sections in overlapping actions, work it into the panel well and leave to cure - not necessary but I find it works better this way - and buff away with microfibre
- Apply second stage of dressing to tyres using Gtechniq T1
- Clean windows inside and out using Gtechniq G6 and microfibre pad suited for glass
- Apply R222 Concours Wax to all glass and leave to cure before buffing away with microfibre
- Apply R222 Concours Wax to alloys and leave to cure before buffing away with microfibre
Will hopefully get round to detailing the interior soon!