Used correctly, machine polishers can be used to quickly and efficiently restore the cosmetic appearance of paintwork, removing scratches, swirls, holograms, bird dropping etching and other imperfections to reveal the true colour and clarity of the paint.
During this one-day course, participants will learn how to assess paintwork blemishes, determine the consistency of the paint finish, use paint depth gauges and interpret gauge readings. By the end of the day, participants will understand how to select the optimum machine, pad and polish combinations together with the techniques needed to correct, enhance and refine any paint finish. The day will give participants the opportunity to gain vital hands-on experience under close supervision, of dual action and rotary machines along with an explanation of the benefits and limitations of both. Throughout the day there will be the opportunity for hands-on practice with an instructor in attendance to answer any questions.
Who’s it for? Car care enthusiasts looking to use a machine polisher to restore and maintain the cosmetic appearance of their vehicle. Detailers who wish to gain practical experience using rotary machine polishers.
The day will cover:
- Masking tape
- Using inspection lighting (handheld & studio)
- Using paint depth gauges
- Introduction to dual action & rotary machine
- Backing plate types (grades and size)
- Selecting pad type (foam, wool, microfibre, etc)
- Selecting compounds (water based vs oil based)
- Pad priming and cleaning
- Machine Polishing (DA) UF8, LHR12E, FLEX XC 3401 VRG
- Machine Polishing (Rotary) FLEX PE14-2 150
- Paintwork assessment throughout correction and refining processes
- Practical demonstration on test panels
UF Studio, 1, Brands Hatch Park
Fawkham, Kent, DA3 8PU
Contact Telephone: (M-F, 8am – 6pm) 01474 873 512
Course times: 9am – 5pm daily, lunch at 12.30
Travel by car: We are 10 minutes off M25 Junction 3 (Swanley), follow signs for A20 / Brands Hatch.
Airport: 35 minute drive from London Gatwick Airport (LGW).
Train: The nearest local train stations are. Swanley (SAY) 6 miles, Longfield (LGF) 4 miles, Eynsford (EYN) 4 miles. We are happy to collect from the station by prior arrangement.
Accommodation, Food & Drink:
The closest hotel is Brands Hatch Mercure which is situated by the main entrance to the circuit, just 2 minutes from the studio.
Brands Hatch Mercure, Brands Hatch Race Circuit, Fawkham, Kent, DA3 8PE Tel: (+44) 871 376 9008, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (dot co). Lunch and drinks will be provided throughout the duration of your course, please let us know in advance of any dietary requirements.
Terms & Conditions:
- Minimum class size: 3
- Maximum class size: 6
- One on one available
- Prices and next available dates here
- Full Terms & Conditions can be found here
How to book:
- Book online here
- Call 0333 800 8004 to discuss your requirements
- Alternatively, please provide your contact details using the link below and a member of the team will call you to discuss