Once your soft top is clean and completely dry, the important last step is to protect the surface from water ingress, colour fade as a result of UV rays and staining from environmental fallout. Most sealants will re-weatherproof and offer UV protection in one product. Most products are not harmful to trim or windows, but if in doubt use detailing masking tape to protect any sensitive areas.
- Cabriolet water proofer / fabric sealant
- Detailing masking tape (optional)
- Step 1 – Ensure fabric soft top is completely dry
- Step 2 – Apply water proofer / fabric sealant liberally, ensuring complete coverage, right up to the edges of the soft top
- Step 3 – Allow to dry according to the manufacturers instructions listed on the product
- Step 4 – A second application may be required depending on the product used