Meaco DD8L Junior Desiccant Dehumidifier.
The Meaco 8L Junior desiccant dehumidifier is perfect for boats, caravans, garages and other unheated storage units. Slimline & stylish it is also great for apartments and houses of up to 4 bedrooms. Ideal for preventing condensation forming on windows, this dehumidifier can also be used to aid the drying out of washing - particularly useful during winter and rainy weather!
How It Works:
Excess water suspended in the air causes condensation to form, makes the atmosphere feel damp and chilly, encouraging mould to form. This excess moisture is drawn into the dehumidifier and passed over a desiccant wheel which absorbs the moisture as the wheel slowly turns. Heat is passed through the opposite side of the wheel removing the moisture which in turn is collected by the internal container. The remaining drier, warmer air is then recirculated into the room. When the internal container is full, the dehumidifier automatically turns itself off to prevent overflowing. A permanent drain hose is also available for long-term dehumidifier applications.
This unit has a specially designed control panel to make it easy to use. It also has an intelligent humidity sensor, so it cuts out when the humidity has been reduced to a certain level and will only restart when relative humidity levels rise again.
FAQs for dehumidifiers.
Regretfully, dehumidifiers are not available for shipping outside of UK.
Features & Benefits:
- Neat, stylish design, compact & lightweight
- 8 litre capacity
- Desiccant technology - works effectively even at low temperatures
- Auto restart in event of power failure
- 'Intelligent', cost saving humidity sensor
- Supplied with hose for continuous drainage - can be left for months at a time
- Simple Meaco style control panel
- Quiet system - ideal for use in smaller areas
- Covered tank & no castors - doesn't roll round on boats & caravans!
- Laundry drying mode for faster clothes drying in small spaces
- Suitable for all domestic & unmanned applications
- One year parts & labour warranty
- For homes up to: 4 bedrooms
- Extraction rate: 8 litres per day at all temperatures
- Humidistat: Yes, electronic
- Electronic controls
- Air Filter: Yes - standard dust filter
- Fan Speeds: Three
- Air Flow (nominal): >80/100/115 cubic metres per hour
- Continuous drainage option: Yes - hose included
- Timer: Up to 8 hours
- Water tank capacity: 2 litres
- Sound pressure level: 39/43/48dBA
- Operating Temperatures: 1-37 degrees Celsius
- Power Supply: Normal British 230V, 50Hz
- Power Consumption: 30/330/650W
- Current (nominal): 1.6 amps
- Compressor type: n/a Desiccant dehumidifier
- Refrigerant type / charge: n/a
- Automatic defrost: n/a
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 500 x 351 x 188 mm
- Net Weight: 6.4 kgs