Car Care Training (Group 1-Day Detailing Course)
This 1-day course has been designed to introduce car care enthusiasts to the basic principles and methods involved in the detailing process. During the course of the day, participants will be trained in safe methods of initial decontamination, pre-cleaning and washing stages. They will then be introduced to paintwork preparation including the basics of machine polishing using a dual action polisher. The course will conclude with the application of various protective last step products for each type of surface found on the exterior of a vehicle. Throughout the day there will be the opportunity for hands-on practice with an instructor in attendance to answer any questions.
Who’s it for? Enthusiasts looking to learn or better understand car care techniques, product application and surface protection.
The course will include:
- Wheel & wheel arch decontamination & washing
- Iron & general fallout removal
- Pre-wash (Snow Foam)
- Safe adhesive removal (bug squash, tree sap, tar)
- Degreaser – how and when to use
- Safe washing – methodology & equipment
- Claying – clay mitts vs clay bars
- Rinsing with de-ionised water
- Safe drying techniques & equipment
- Water spot removal (post-wash maintenance)
- Paint inspection & defect identification
- Using masking tape
- Polishing by hand / pre-wax cleaning
- The basics of using a dual-action (DA) machine polisher
- Choosing the correct polishing pads
- Choosing the correct compounds & polishes
- Pre-wax / sealant – panel preparation
- Selection & application of last step paint protection products (LSP)
- Glass care & protection
- Metal care & protection
- External plastics & rubber protection
- Wheel sealants (wax vs ceramic?)
- Tyre dressings
UF Studio, 1, Brands Hatch Park
Fawkham, Kent, DA3 8PU
Contact Telephone: (M-F, 8am – 6pm) 01474 360 360
Course times: 9am – 5pm daily, lunch at 12.30
Travel by car: We are 10 minutes off M25 Junction 3 (Swanley), follow signs for A20 / Brands Hatch.
Airport: 35 minute drive from London Gatwick Airport (LGW).
Train: The nearest local train stations are. Swanley (SAY) 6 miles, Longfield (LGF) 4 miles, Eynsford (EYN) 4 miles. We are happy to collect from the station by prior arrangement.
Accommodation, Food & Drink:
The closest hotel is Brands Hatch Mercure which is situated by the main entrance to the circuit, just 2 minutes from the studio.
Brands Hatch Mercure, Brands Hatch Race Circuit, Fawkham, Kent, DA3 8PE Tel: (+44) 871 376 9008, Email: email@example.com (dot co). Lunch and drinks will be provided throughout the duration of your course, please let us know in advance of any dietary restrictions, food allergies or cultural and religious preferences.
Terms & Conditions: