Used correctly, machine polishers can be used to quickly and efficiently restore the cosmetic appearance of paintwork, removing scratches, swirls, holograms, bird dropping etching and other imperfections to reveal the true colour and clarity of the paint.
During this two-day course, participants will learn the aspects of preparation and machine polishing covered in the Basic Machine Polishing session with additional detail for each key stage. The course also covers more the more technical aspects of paint restoration including the use of abrasives and wet sanding, necessary for tackling severely scratched or oxidised paintwork and orange peel.
Participants will have the opportunity to experience using a variety of machine polishers, including forced rotation and cordless models, in order to assess the benefits and limitations of each. Throughout each day there will be the opportunity for hands-on practice with an instructor in attendance to answer any questions.
Who’s it for? Valeters seeking to enhance their knowledge of machine polishing and detailers who wish to gain greater knowledge and practical experience using a variety of machine polishing tools on a range of substrates.
The day will cover:
- Using masking tape
- Using inspection lighting (handheld & studio)
- Identifying blemishes & their causes
- Smart repairs – what to watch out for
- Using paint depth gauges
- Backing plate types (grades and size)
- Pad types (including specialist), priming & cleaning
- Selecting cutting, polishing & finishing compounds (water based vs oil based)
- Wet sanding & matting compounds
- Using a de-nibbing tool
- Machine Polishing (Dual Action)
- Machine Polishing (Forced Rotation Dual Action)
- Machine Polishing (Rotary)
- Machine Polishing (RUPES iBrid, long & short neck)
- Machine Polishing (Flex cordless DA & Rotary)
- Removal of bird lime etch, tree sap
- Practical – machine polishing on test panels
- Paintwork assessment throughout correction and refinement processes
UF Studio, 1, Brands Hatch Park
Fawkham, Kent, DA3 8PU
Contact Telephone: (M-F, 8am – 6pm) 01474 873 512
Course times: 9am – 5pm daily, lunch at 12.30
Travel by car: We are 10 minutes off M25 Junction 3 (Swanley), follow signs for A20 / Brands Hatch.
Airport: 35 minute drive from London Gatwick Airport (LGW).
Train: The nearest local train stations are. Swanley (SAY) 6 miles, Longfield (LGF) 4 miles, Eynsford (EYN) 4 miles. We are happy to collect from the station by prior arrangement.
Accommodation, Food & Drink:
The closest hotel is Brands Hatch Mercure which is situated by the main entrance to the circuit, just 2 minutes from the studio.
Brands Hatch Mercure, Brands Hatch Race Circuit, Fawkham, Kent, DA3 8PE Tel: (+44) 871 376 9008, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (dot co). Lunch and drinks will be provided throughout the duration of your course, please let us know in advance of any dietary requirements.
Terms & Conditions:
- Minimum class size: 3
- Maximum class size: 6
- One on one available
- Prices and next available dates here
- Full Terms & Conditions can be found here
How to book:
- Book online here
- Call 0333 800 8004 to discuss your requirements
- Alternatively, please provide your contact details using the link below and a member of the team will call you to discuss