Master Detailer Training (Personal 3-Day Course)
Presented at UF’s Brands Hatch detailing studio, this five-day course is conducted by UF’s Master Detailer. During the course, participants will be taken through all the steps covered in the Pro 3-Day course including safe methods of decontamination, washing and drying, care of interior surfaces and matte paint finishes. Participants will also learn how to assess the paint type and gauge paint thickness. They will then be shown how to select the optimum machine, pad and polish combinations together with the techniques needed to correct, enhance and refine any paint finish. Participants will gain vital hands-on experience under close supervision, of rotary, forced action, and dual action machines along with an explanation of the benefits and limitations of each. Throughout each day there will be the opportunity for hands-on practice with an instructor in attendance to answer any questions.
Who’s it for? Professionals looking to take their services to the next level and who would benefit from a more structured approach to detailing and running a business.
The course will include:
- Decontamination, washing & drying
- Hydraulic ramp use & safety
- Wheel care, removal & replacement
- Vehicle Appraisal Sheet
- Paintwork inspection & assessment
- Customer expectations (new car, enhancement, correction)
- Smart repairs – what to watch out for
- Badges removal / replacement
- Masking up
- Using a de-nibbing tool
- Pre-wax cleaning & sealant preparation
- New Car Preparation
- Wet sanding & matting compounds
- Use of abrasives (RUPES X-Cut, wet sanding)
- Backing plate types (grades & size)
- Pad types (including specialist), priming & cleaning
- Selecting compounds (water based vs oil based)
- Machine Polishing (Dual Action)
- Machine Polishing (Forced Rotation)
- Machine Polishing (Rotary)
- Machine Polishing (iBrid long & short neck)
- Machine Polishing (FLEX cordless)
- Removal of bird lime etch, tree sap
- Practical – machine polishing on test panels
- Matte paint, vinyl wrap & PPF care
- Last step products
- Temperature / humidity considerations
- Ceramic coating application
- Customer handover
UF Studio, 1, Brands Hatch Park
Fawkham, Kent, DA3 8PU
Contact Telephone: (M-F, 8am – 6pm) 01474 360 360
Course times: 9am – 5pm daily, lunch at 12.30
Travel by car: We are 10 minutes off M25 Junction 3 (Swanley), follow signs for A20 / Brands Hatch.
Airport: 35 minute drive from London Gatwick Airport (LGW).
Train: The nearest local train stations are. Swanley (SAY) 6 miles, Longfield (LGF) 4 miles, Eynsford (EYN) 4 miles. We are happy to collect from the station by prior arrangement.
Accommodation, Food & Drink:
The closest hotel is Brands Hatch Mercure which is situated by the main entrance to the circuit, just 2 minutes from the studio.
Brands Hatch Mercure, Brands Hatch Race Circuit, Fawkham, Kent, DA3 8PE Tel: (+44) 871 376 9008, Email: email@example.com (dot co). Lunch and drinks will be provided throughout the duration of your course, please let us know in advance of any dietary restrictions, food allergies or cultural and religious preferences.
Terms & Conditions: