Presented at UF’s Brands Hatch detailing studio, this three-day course is conducted by UF detailers. During the day, participants will be taken through all the steps covered in the 1-Day course including safe methods of initial decontamination, pre-cleaning and washing. In addition, participants will be given a comprehensive introduction to the art of machine polishing including dual action, rotary and forced rotation polishers, and finally, the various coatings available for protecting each type of surface, inside and outside the vehicle. Throughout each day there will be the opportunity for hands-on practice with an instructor in attendance to answer any questions.
Who’s it for? Enthusiasts looking for a better understanding of car care techniques, including machine polishing, and those who wish to consider offering detailing as a professional service.
The course will include:
- Number plate removal
- Wheel & wheel arch decontamination & cleaning
- Decontamination & pre-cleaning
- Engine bay preparation & safe cleaning
- Using a de-nibbing tool for bonded contamination
- Cleaning cabriolet hoods (soft & hard tops)
- Safe washing techniques & equipment
- De-ionised water rinsing & water spot removal
- Safe drying techniques
- Wheel removal, inspection & safe replacement (torque settings)
- Using inspection lamps (studio & handheld)
- Taking paint depth readings on different substrates & interpreting results
- Paintwork defect identification (holograms, buffer trails, swirls, deep scratches, orange peel)
- Paintless Dent Removal (PDR)
- Smart repairs? – beware!
- Different paint types, how hard is my paint?
- Using detailing tape
- Machine polishing – dual action, rotary, forced rotation
- Machine polishing – cordless
- Types of polishing pads & when they should be used
- Pad priming & cleaning
- Compound selection
- Machine polishing practice using car panels
- Removal of bird lime etch, tree sap
- Matte / Satin paint finishes, vinyl wraps & paint protection film (PPF)
- Cabriolet roof weatherproofing
- Interior fabric cleaning & anti-bacterial protection
- Interior plastics cleaning & anti-bacterial protection
- Leather cleaning & protection
- Glass polishing, cleaning & sealing
- Caring for external trim and rubber seals
UF Studio, 1, Brands Hatch Park
Fawkham, Kent, DA3 8PU
Contact Telephone: (M-F, 8am – 6pm) 01474 873 512
Course times: 9am – 5pm daily, lunch at 12.30
Travel by car: We are 10 minutes off M25 Junction 3 (Swanley), follow signs for A20 / Brands Hatch.
Airport: 35 minute drive from London Gatwick Airport (LGW).
Train: The nearest local train stations are. Swanley (SAY) 6 miles, Longfield (LGF) 4 miles, Eynsford (EYN) 4 miles. We are happy to collect from the station by prior arrangement.
Accommodation, Food & Drink:
The closest hotel is Brands Hatch Mercure which is situated by the main entrance to the circuit, just 2 minutes from the studio.
Brands Hatch Mercure, Brands Hatch Race Circuit, Fawkham, Kent, DA3 8PE Tel: (+44) 871 376 9008, Email: email@example.com (dot co). Lunch and drinks will be provided throughout the duration of your course, please let us know in advance of any dietary restrictions, food allergies or cultural and religious preferences.
Terms & Conditions:
- Minimum class size: 4
- Maximum class size: 6
- Prices and next available dates here
- Full Terms & Conditions can be found here
How to book:
- Book online here
- Call 0333 800 8004 to discuss your requirements
- Alternatively, please provide your contact details using the link below and a member of the team will call you to discuss