3.1 Cleaning Cabriolet Roofs (Fabric)
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in C:\websites\theultimatefinish.co.uk\htdocs\car-care-blog\wp-content\plugins\q-and-a-focus-plus-faq\inc\functions.php on line 250
Cleaning a soft top is imperative to maintain the function of the material as well as the overall appearance of the car. Due to the sensitive nature of the material, it’s best to opt for a cleaner specific to the job to ensure any chemicals in the cleaner will not adversely affect the colour of the fabric. It is important to note that thorough rinsing is absolutely vital as any cleaner residue may cause staining on the cabriolet’s fabric roof.
- Fabric cleaning solution in bottle with trigger spray head
- Soft-bristled brush
- Hosepipe connected to mains water
- Step 1 – Dampen the cabriolet fabric roof with water
- Step 2 – Spray the cleaner over the soft top paying particular attention to any specific problem areas, i.e. bird dropping staining, mildew growth, etc.
- Step 3 – Using a soft-bristled brush (to avoid damage or cause ‘pulls’ in the fabric) work the solution into the fabric
- Step 4 – Agitate the solution into specific problem areas
- Step 5 – Rinse thoroughly with clear running water, ensuring all foam residue is completely removed