4.2 Pre-Wash (Snow Foam) Applied Using A Foam Lance
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in C:\websites\theultimatefinish.co.uk\htdocs\car-care-blog\wp-content\plugins\q-and-a-focus-plus-faq\inc\functions.php on line 250
Using a pre-wash cleaner (also known as ‘snow foam’) applied through a foam lance connected to a pressure washer ensures the creation of thick foam able to cling to the vertical surfaces of a car for several minutes. This gives the foam maximum opportunity to get under larger particles of dirt and grit, lifting them away from the surface of the car and allowing them to be safely rinsed away.
Most foam lances have a mixer dial, allowing the user to control the product to water ratio, giving thicker or thinner foam as desired. Many foam lances also have a twist mechanism to change the angle of the foam jet from horizontal to vertical.
Most pre-wash cleaners are not harmful to cabriolet soft tops, so getting a small amount of product onto a soft top is generally not a problem. However for cleaning a soft top, it is advisable to use products specifically designed for the purpose, in order to ensure colour and performance of the material is not affected. (refer to section 3)
- Pre-wash cleaner
- Foam lance with appropriate pressure washer adapter
- Pressure washer
- Step 1 – Fill the foam lance bottle with around two inches of pre-wash cleaner (dilution ratio may vary by manufacturer)
- Step 2 – Screw foam lance bottle to the lance
- Step 3 – Connect foam lance to pressure washer
- Step 4 – Adjust spay pattern (if available) and cover the car in thick foam
- Step 5 – Allow foam to dwell for 3 – 5 minutes
- Step 6 – Rinse car thoroughly until completely clean of all foam residue
- Step 7 – Repeat Step 1 – 6 as necessary