Zipang - The Golden Pinnacle Of Nano Coats.
Translated from Japanese, the word 'zipang' means golden and the choice of name refers to Marco Polo's original description of Japan as 'The Land of Gold'. Vehicles coated with Zipang Coat will enjoy a gold-class level of gloss surpassed only by Kamikaze Collection's flagship product, ENREI Coat.
Zipang Coat has evolved from the technology employed by ISM PRO. Like ISM PRO, Zipang Coat combines high quality, ingredients with Kamikaze Collection's ultra-low molecular weight hydrocarbons to produce a coating with extreme water repelling properties. However, extensive research and development has enriched these ingredients to increase their performance and enhance their reflective potential. Furthermore, Zipang Coat has a self-levelling function activated by heat that helps keep paintwork swirl-free for longer.
Zipang Coat is available to purchase by Kamikaze Collection trained detailers only. Any orders received from non-certified individuals will be cancelled and refunded.
Features & Benefits:
- Highly hydrophobic - dirt, oils & grime are repelled
- Self-healing properties help keep paintwork 'as new' for longer
- Sunshine or warm water will activate self-levelling (semi self-healing)
- Produces an optically clear, candy-gloss shine
- Durability of 2-3 years
- Can be used on both painted surfaces and plastic trim
- Designed, developed, and intended for professional-use only*
Directions for use:
Kamikaze Collection has spent a significant amount of time developing the correct procedure and the best applicators in order to ensure Zipang Coat's performance is optimised. It is, therefore, essential the procedure is followed precisely.
- Shake bottle well, then replace the lid with the pipette
- Apply several drops of Zipang to one of the supplied applicator cloths
- Apply deliberately slowly in straight lines, NOT a criss-cross pattern. Straight-line application lays down a thick, even coat, so the layer is uniform. Criss-crossing will cause unevenness in the layer. Therefore, at the same temperature and humidity, different parts of the layer will cure at different rates and the final performance will not be as effective.
- Allow 3-5 minutes (depending on the ambient temperature and humidity) for the layer to cure (optimum temperature 15°c - 25°c, humidity 40%-70%)
- Test the coatings readiness for buffing using a clean dry microfibre. The coating should feel 'grabby'
- Buff the layer using a circular motion
- Do not 'chase' the coating - it will flatten out as it cures without leaving smears
- Allow 12 hours for the coating to fully cure
- If using multiple layers as outlined below, allow 1-2 hours between layers.
Layering Options for Zipang Coat:
- Good: 1 layer of Zipang Coat
- Better: Base layer of Kamikaze Miyabi Coat, topped with Zipang Coat
- Best: Base layer of Zipang Coat, middle layer of Miyabi Coat, top layer of Zipang Coat (This will provide the best looks, best durability, and the most self-levelling).
- Only use pH neutral shampoos, with no gloss enhancers, waxes, or polymers.
- Use Kamikaze Collection Overcoat v2.1 (every 4-6 washes)
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)