Car Care Training For Enthusiasts.
UF has over twenty years' experience within the car care industry and the award-winning UF Studio is recognised as a leading UK centre for automotive cosmetic restoration. A member of the International Detailing Association (IDA), UF is committed to delivering industry-leading standards, helping enthusiasts and professionals achieve the best possible results.
Held at UF Studio, Brands Hatch and presented by UF detailers, participants will be guided through the detailing process. Commencing with safe methods of decontamination, pre-washing and cleaning before an introduction to polishing methods, both by hand and using a dual action polisher. Concluding with the application of last step protection products for paintwork, exterior trim, glass, wheels and metal.
Who's it for? Enthusiasts looking to learn or better understand car care techniques, product application and surface protection.
Order of the day (9am - 5pm):
- Wheel & wheel arch decontamination & washing
- Iron & general fallout removal
- Pre-wash (Snow Foam)
- Safe adhesive removal (bug squash, tree sap, tar)
- Degreaser - how and when to use
- Safe washing - methodology & equipment
- Claying - clay mitts vs clay bars
- Rinsing with de-ionised water
- Safe drying techniques & equipment
- Water spot removal (post-wash maintenance)
- Paint inspection & defect identification
- Using masking tape
- Polishing by hand / pre-wax cleaning
- The basics of using a dual-action (DA) machine polisher
- Choosing the correct polishing pads
- Choosing the correct compounds & polishes
- Pre-wax / sealant - panel preparation
- Selection & application of last step paint protection products (LSP)
- Glass care & protection
- Metal care & protection
External plastics & rubber protection
- Wheel sealants (wax vs ceramic?)
- Tyre dressings
Throughout the day there will be the opportunity for hands-on practice with an instructor in attendance to answer any queries. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Please let us know in advance of any dietary restrictions, food allergies or cultural and religious preferences.
- Minimum class size: 4
- Maximum class size: 8
- Terms & Conditions here
How to book:
- Select your preferred date from the drop-down menu
- Call 01474 360 360 to discuss your requirements
- Alternatively, please provide your contact details using the link below and a member of the team will call you to discuss