Powerful Rust Conversion & Protection.
Bilt Hamber Hydrate 80 treats rust spots and stop them from reappearing.
Traditional paints and coatings applied to rectify corrosion problem areas usually give a disappointing performance, with rust quickly reappearing. Most products simply hide the underlying and continuing corrosion rather than actively treating it. The concern is first seen as a blistering of the coating followed by the rapid breakthrough of rust.
Hydrate 80 provides powerful protection to rusted steel surfaces. The electrochemical function stabilizes existing corrosion by converting the iron oxides into a protective metal complex. It also combines with surface moisture and oxygen, depriving the corrosion process of the conditions it requires. Paints and coatings applied to a hydrate 80 treated surface demonstrate amazing improvements in long-term performance.
Features & Benefits:
- Arrests & prevents corrosion over a wide variety of applications
- Actively targets corrosion & converts rust to provide barrier protection
- Provides long-term, dependable protection
- Forms an ideal base for further coatings, paint or anti-corrosion wax
- Does not contain chlorine so does not cause under-film blistering
- Proven to significantly increase coating life even in hot salt, humidity & drying atmospheres
- Ideal for use during classic & historic vehicle restoration & marine installations
The long-term performance of Hydrate-80 has been proven to significantly increase coating life in independent tests conducted by the German TÜV organisation under conditions of VDA 621-415 (6 cycles, or 1008 hrs) which included exposure to hot salt-spray; 100% relative humidity and drying atmospheres with each cycle lasting 168 hours.
Hydrate-80 was awarded Practical Classics magazine “Best Buy” and “Product Recommended” after a long-term trial comparing it to 12 other products – in fact Hydrate-80 was applied to more heavily corroded steel than the competition and still outperformed them. Hydrate-80 has been used to arrest and prevent corrosion in diverse applications – from massive marine installations to classic and historic vehicle restoration Hydrate-80 provides dependable long-term protection.
Size: 500ml & 1 Litre (Select from the dropdown menu above).
Bilt Hamber Hydrate 80 Guide
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)